November 27, 2009

Cake #5? What Number was the Lemon Loaf?


This was written on 11/27, but I just retrieved the pictures today. Mindy & I are gearing up for more cakes over the holiday "break", so I needed to catch up. Here are:

The Lemon Loaves. Now that is a lot of lemon. Good thing Kassi juiced all our lemons for the Toddlers and Toddies party and we had some left over. What I remember about making this cake: I was going to have it in the oven by 7:30 to have it out by 8:30. Didn't get it in until about 8:10. Many distractions lead me to this.

I love lemon! This was very very good, but IMHO, not as good as the effort. I have a better sour cream lemon bunt cake I would make instead. It was nice to have on hand when my parents were in town visiting and I even had some left over to bring to work.

You can see that I too only have 1 loaf pan, therefore the improvised casserole dish second loaf.


No comments:

Post a Comment