November 27, 2009

Cake #8 Cranberry Maple Pudding - Cambridge Edition

Also written on 11/27 and just joined with pictures today: Cranberry Maple Pudding Cake:

I think we were both really excited to make this for Thanksgiving this year. Considering I used the Maple Syrup from our trip to Parker's Maple Barn and the cranberries almost from our trip to the AD Makepeace cranberry bog this year, it had to be good. Sure looks purdy.


Eh, not so much. This cake was exactly what I thought the cherry cornmeal cake was going to be, kind of like cobbler with cornbread on top. I was not looking forward to that cake and it totally wowed us. This one, I was pulling for to be better than it was. Given that we were cooking Thanksgiving dinner and this cake is to be served warm, I prepped all the ingredients to this stage so I could whip it all together (not literally) as I breezed to the table with the turkey en platter.

It was 1 of 4 desserts on Thanksgiving for 5 adults and 3 kids. And, we agreed on its own it would have been fine. In light of the other options, nobody wanted to touch it. It did not make it to the Thanksgiving recipe binder for the future - but I was happy eating the leftovers today.


Well, at least there were lots of leftovers. And, they were good the next day - which we found out only after the chocolate pie and pumpkin pie was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment