May 31, 2010

Cake #16 Lemon Curd Mousse Cake



This Lemon Curd Mousse Cake is, ahem, from Easter.  And it is a dessert, not a cake in my book.  A delicious dessert.  A dessert that is a bonus since we learned to make lemon curd while making this recipe - which will be perfect for future tea parties with my girls.  But really, who am I kidding?  Easter was months ago and what do I remember about this one?
It was delicious.
It was light and fluffy.
It does not travel well.
I'd rather this be cheesecake than mousse cake.

Oh right, there was gelatin involved.  And I had to cook it and then cool it or something.  And it wound up looking like the above and I thought I ruined it.  But I didn't.  It either recovered or it was supposed to look like that.  Eventually it melted to clear again.  


Folding in the light and fluffy mousse makings.

Uhhh, is that the butter in the lemon curd?  It was yummy.  Could be a topping on any other dessert.  

This is my assembled cake as I started to pipe the top.  I should have not put the lemon curd all the way out to the edge.  And I should not have crowded the piped mousse all around the edges (but I didn't want it to go to waste!)  But as I transported this to Easter brunch (and it waited in the cooler while we were churching it up), the piped rounds slid over the edges off the cake.  Glad I took the opening photo before the transport.  


No comments:

Post a Comment