May 2, 2010

Mindy's Cake #13: Confessions of a Lazy Cake Baker

I love cake. I love the idea of this cake project. But, I am lazy. And, I am behind. So when it came time for me to FINALLY catch up with the Ice-Cream-Cone cake, I took a few shortcuts. Like, um..., yeah, not even including the ice cream cones!

In my defense:
1. Trader Joe's did not have any ice cream cones and I didn't want to go to a second store.
2. Sherie had to increase the icing recipe to have enough for the cake and the cones. I just did not want to make more frosting. Especially since, as I have noted here before, my family is not so big on butter cream frosting.

Anyway, I made the cake for Charlie's 5 and a half birthday....which was March 7. So, what can I say about this cake nearly TWO MONTHS after baking it? Uh...it tasted awesome? It did, it really did. And, if I recall correctly it was pretty easy and basic.

Ugh, I'm such a slacker. Here are the pictures. I will now go flog myself for being so lazy both in cake execution and blog-posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment